Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I will never forget you, Joann

I was deeply saddened by the news that Joann had passed away. To Joann I owe much of my growth in both my personal life and professional life. I was privileged to be one of the few people from Asia in those early years that had close contact with and was professionally trained by Joann. She was a great role model and a teacher of life for me.  At many difficult and turning points of my life, Joann came to my "rescue" by giving me feedback that was always insightful, precise and impactable. Her teaching so gracefully combined with a spirit of human warmth of heart and sensitivity to my pace of growth, and as a result, I never felt pushed and yet the motivation for growth always grew soon afterwards from within my own humanity. Such capacity and legacy of her teaching has long become an inspiration for me and has been personalized in my own way of teaching and in my own life of relating. 
 
And on top of everything was her great capacity of loving that is the most valuable legacy that will always be lived and cherished in my heart. 
 
Sean Feng,
Shanghai, China.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home