Saturday, January 20, 2007

In memory of Joann

Dearest family and friends to Joann…..

 

It is with sweet sorrow that I read through this blog and recount memories of our shared past….one that connects so many of us to each other….being present in creating ‘community’ on so many levels.  I realize that without seeing many of you often, and now not being able to spend more time with Joann—that it is not really the time that matters---more that it is the quality of our relationships. 

 

For me Joann will always be one of those outstanding examples of such quality of relationship.  ‘No holes barred’ (as she would remind me!!) and a willingness to risk it all deeply in that way of connection. 

 

I send me gratitude for the time we shared.  Joann if you didn’t encourage me --- I would not have leapt off the edge and risked living past all of the physical challenges which appeared to be before me.  And---I might not have risked co-creating miracles!  The most recent of which is my beautiful new baby daughter Freya (her daddy and I met while in Phase I with Joann).  I returned home from the hospital on January 9th and heard the news the next day.

 

Joann you have been a role model of how to live ‘outside of the odds’ and I will continue on that path.  Gods speed on your journey. 

 

“Come to the edge.”

“We can't. We're afraid.”

“Come to the edge.”

“We can't. We will fall!”

“Come to the edge.”

 And they came.

 And he pushed them.

 And they flew.

~Guillaume Apollinaire

 

With Love and light

Brandy Gallagher (MacPherson)

OUR ECOVILLAGE, Shawnigan Lake, BC

 

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home