Friday, January 12, 2007

A Gift to All of Us...An Exquisite Woman

Joann,
 
I share a poem with you:
 
It Felt Love
 
How
Did the rose
Ever open its heart
 
And give to this world
All its
Beauty?
 
It felt the encouragement of light
Against its
Being
 
Otherwise
We all remain
 
Too
 
Frightened
 
~Hafiz
 
Many years ago now we risked to face our demons, learn and grow together at Haven.  It was there we were graced with your presence....so loving and so exquisitely wise.  During Larry's long illness you, along with Ben and Jock, stood with him through  the Phase programs offering your wisdom and support.
 
When I journalled regularly via email sharing our family's journey with Larry's cancer.... I could always count on your response.  In friendship and caring you stood by us in spirit voicing those thoughts close to your heart.  When our family journeyed to Haven again to do 'Separation and Loss' after the tragic death of our son Justin....you along with Linda, Ernie and Cathy, carried our battered and broken souls to a new horizon.  You offered us gifts of wisdom, insight and hopefulness.  Each and every time you reached out to us, you shared deftly and confidently, embracing us in such a unique way and each message was no less than sheer perfection.  You continued to support me also, long after the loss of those loved ones...always responding to my missives with patience and a giving heart.
 
I imagine in my mind's eye....Larry and Justin greeting you there as you journeyed home to the Great Mystery of Life. 
I will hold you close to my heart forever and until we meet again.
 
With much love and gratitude,
Robyn Janyk
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home