Friday, January 12, 2007

Thank you, Joann

I only met Joann twice. The first time was 12-and-a-half years ago, yet she has made a profound difference in my life every day since then. I was taking a Come Alive from Joann and Peggy. At the time I was 5 months pregnant, and afraid to become a mother because I had not healed my relationship with my own mother. With Joann's encouragement and support I was able to tell my unborn son how much I loved him. 12 years later I still have a loving relationship with my son.
 
The second time I met Joann was a recent summer when I was at the Haven with my son as he attended Dance and Games. I was privileged to be able to thank her in person for what she had given me: the ability to love freely. I hope that when Joann passed away, she felt herself surrounded by the love we all have for her.
 
Lesley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home